- Dates:July 23-30, 2016
- Total Cost: $1,500 per person
- Location: Morne Oge, Jacmel, Haiti
- This trip is appropriate for: Anyone who is able to handle long travel times, walking, rides on bumpy roads, long days and the difficulties involved in seeing impoverished conditions.
- Age requirements: 12 and over with parent, 15 and over without.
- Contact: If you would like more information about this trip and how you can be involved email Nat Starvel.
Requirements for Team Members
- Fill out an Application Form
- Signed General Release Form, last page of application
- Current passport that is valid for 6 months past your date of travel to Haiti
Team Member Commitment
Each team member understands that the mission trip starts the day they apply for the trip and agree to the following, “As part of a NECC mission team, I am committing to being available for bi-weekly team meetings leading up to the trip and reading all emails and materials pertaining to the trip, and responding when necessary. I understand that these meetings and emails are needed to maximize the effectiveness of my team on the mission field, to prepare each person for the trip and to build team unity.”
The team will fly from JFK New York, NY to Port au Prince, Haiti. Jacmel is approximately a 3 hour drive traveling over the beautiful Haitian mountains to the Caribbean Ocean coast. Once in Jacmel we will partner with Restore Haiti and Restoration Ministries, the local church of Morne Oge. NECC is committed to building relationships within the community of Morne Oge that is centered on the teachings of Jesus Christ. The time spent working alongside a local builder or a cook in the feeding program, playing soccer with the kids or simply holding a child are the first steps to establishing relationships built on love.
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:12-13
Cost and Payment Information
Total Trip Cost: $1,500 per person
Trip Payment Schedule:
- Due May 1, 2016 - $750 First Payment (for booking flights)
- Due June 15, 2016 - $750 Second Payment
The following items are included in the trip cost:
- International airfare plus domestic transportation from NECC church office to JFK airport and return
- Extra luggage fee to transport supplies
- 3 meals a day on the international portion of the trip
- Accommodations based on sharing rooms with other team members
- In-country transportation
- Group translator
- Beach day lunch
- Team shirt
Costs not included in the trip price are: Meals on airport travel days when traveling to and from the US, travel insurance, Wednesday night dinner out, immunizations, passport, personal shopping money and incidentals such as snacks, additional beverages, laundry, phone calls and other personal items.
Other Important Information
Vaccinations: NECC advises all travelers to read through the recommended vaccinations by the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention CDC Packet. NECC also suggest that all participants consult their physician before traveling abroad.
Paying for your trip: Once you are signed up for the trip, if you are not paying out of pocket, you can send out support letters to family, friends and co-workers. Sample letters can be found in your team packet. You and your donors can make tax deductible payments toward your trip total by mailing checks to NECC and return the contribution slip with the check. All donations are tracked so you are able to send thank you notes out to your donors. Checks should be made out to Northeast Community Church, mailed to 18 Knight St. Norwalk, Connecticut 06851.